I am passionate about helping you to overcome difficulties and reach your highest potential. I feel that the counselling relationship can aid self-awareness and self-understanding.
As an Integrative Therapist, I blend my knowledge of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Person Centred Therapy with various other psychological and therapeutic techniques to provide intuitively tailored personal therapy to each client.
CBT is a solution focused, structured, and action based talking therapy requiring collaboration between the therapist and the client. It is based on the cognitive behavioural model which suggests that; when a situation happens it stimulates a thought, this thought is your own interpretation of the situation. However, your thoughts then evoke emotions, behaviours and physical sensations. We will work together to bring awareness to your thoughts, reframe any negative thoughts, recognise triggers and work towards practicing new behaviours which support your therapy goals.
Person Centred Therapy
Person Centred Therapy allows clients the time and space to be heard and seen, without judgment or expectations. I endeavour to provide an environment that is safe and confidential for you to explore and to be vulnerable. I will hold space for difficult emotions and positive growth. I feel that it is essential for you to have the autonomy to work towards your own agenda, and to express your true authentic self.
I absolutely see value in seeking out the origins of your triggers, emotions and behaviours, and to gain a clear understanding of why you have been triggered in your current circumstances.
I have found that applying the science of the brain, and emotions, to my clients’ stories has been invaluable in gaining that clarity, and in turn, this empowers clients to regulate and manage emotions using various techniques.
I feel that it is essential for you to have the autonomy to bring to the sessions what you wish, and for you to express your true authentic self, exactly as you are.
I offer counselling for-
Family and Relationship Issues
Child Related Issues
Work Related Issues
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I follow the Ethical Framework provided by them. This is best practise guidance to ensure the safety of the client and the counsellor and promotes the beneficial outcome of counselling therapy.
I am qualified in:
CPCAB Advance Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
I have monthly supervision, I am fully insured, I am DBS checked (Enhanced) and registered with ICO (Information Commissioner's Office) and follow their GDPR policies.
I am committed to continual professional development.
• Understanding sexual abuse and it's impact on children and young people (Cambridge rape crisis Centre 2019)
• Supporting young people with eating disorders (CAMHS 2019)
• Supporting young people with PTSD (CAMHS 2019)
• Child protection: an introduction (NSPCC 2019)
• Managing stress with mindfulness (Jill Reynolds 2019)
• How to work with traumatic memory that is embedded in the nervous system (NICABM 2019)
• How to help clients tolerate dysregulation and come back from hyperarousal (NICABM 2019)
• How to work with the limbic system to reverse the psychological imprint of trauma (NICABM 2019)
• Trauma focused CBT (Embrace CVoC 2019)
• TA 102 (Langley therapy and training 2019)
• Attachment theory (Residential weekend, Langley therapy and training 2020)
• Working with dissociative disorders in clinical practice (Carolyn Spring 2020)
• Working with shame (Carolyn Spring 2020)
My session fee is £50 per counselling hour (50 minutes).
I offer a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your needs and assess if we would be a good match to work together.
I keep a client-led booking system as I respect your autonomy to book sessions to suit your level of commitment to therapy. I do recommend weekly sessions, however, I realise that this is not realistic for everyone to attend.
If you are committed to your growth and development at this time packages are available at a reduced rate.
I offer concession rate counselling on request.
Retreat Days and Workshops
Retreat Days and Workshop Retreats are coming soon.