How I Work
I am passionate about helping you to overcome difficulties and reach your highest potential. I feel that the counselling relationship can aid self-awareness and understanding.
I will listen to you without judgment and I will endeavour to provide an environment that is safe and confidential for you to explore and be vulnerable in. I will hold space for difficult emotions and positive growth.
I am an integrative counsellor with The Person Centred Approach at my core. I feel that it is essential for you to have the autonomy to bring to the sessions what you wish, and for you to express exactly who you are without judgement or expectations.
I offer counselling for-
Family and Relationship Issues
Child Related Issue
Work Related Issues
I have person centred theory as my core practice and integrate Transactional Analysis theory when exploring close relationships and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) when exploring beliefs about self and challenging negative beliefs. I also work creatively and mindfully.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I follow the Ethical Framework provided by them. This is best practise guidance to ensure the safety of the client and the counsellor and promotes the beneficial outcome of counselling therapy.
I am qualified in:
CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
I have monthly supervision, I am fully insured, I am DBS checked (Enhanced) and am committed to continual professional development.
• Supporting young people with attachment issues (CAMHS 2018)
• Supporting young people with ASD (CAMHS 2018)
• Supporting young people who self-harm (CAMHS 2018)
• Understanding sexual abuse and it's impact on children and young people (Cambridge rape crisis Centre 2019)
• Supporting young people with eating disorders (CAMHS 2019)
• Supporting young people with PTSD (CAMHS 2019)
• Child protection: an introduction (NSPCC 2019)
• Managing stress with mindfulness (Jill Reynolds 2019)
• How to work with traumatic memory that is embedded in the nervous system (NICABM 2019)
• How to help clients tolerate dysregulation and come back from hyperarousal (NICABM 2019)
• How to work with the limbic system to reverse the psychological imprint of trauma (NICABM 2019)
• Trauma focused CBT (Embrace CVoC 2019)
• TA 102 (Langley therapy and training 2019)
• Attachment theory (Residential weekend, Langley therapy and training 2020)
• Working with dissociative disorders in clinical practice (Carolyn Spring 2020)
• Working with shame (Carolyn Spring 2020)
Session fees start at £45 per counselling hour.
I offer concession rate counselling packages at a limit of 10 sessions.